The Italian Society of Law and Economics (SIDE) welcomes submissions for its 16th annual conference on December 15-17, 2021, on-site in the premises of the University of Trento.
The conference is organized jointly by the Department of Management and Economics, the Faculty of Law, the European Research Institute on Cooperative and Social Enterprises (EURICSE) and the School of International Studies at the University of Trento.
The SIDE Conference aims to provide a forum for the development, discussion, and dissemination of studies on any topic regarding the Law and Economics (JEL Code: K). Main topic areas are: Administrative Law and Regulated Industries; Antitrust and Competition Law; Bankruptcy Law, Business Law, Theory of the Firm, Corporate Governance; Behavioural L&E; Comparative L&E, with specific reference to both qualitative and quantitative approaches; Constitutional L&E, Public Choice, Public Finance, and Tax Law; Contracts; Criminal L&E; Economics of Social Norms; Employment Law, Labour Law; Environmental Law; Experimental L&E; Health Law (including Public Health) and Insurance Law; Inequality, Social Justice and Human Rights Law; Intellectual Property, Cyber law and Privacy; International L&E; Judicial Behaviour and Legal Profession; L&E of Non-Profit Organizations; Law and Finance; Litigation Process and Law Enforcement; Philosophical and Methodological Foundations of L&E (including History of Thought); Property Law; Torts; Transaction Cost Economics, and Economics of Institutions; Varieties of Capitalism.
The set-up of the conference is highly interdisciplinary and open to all rigorous scientific methodologies. Moreover, the SIDE conference wants to encourage the contribution of young scholars and to consolidate relationships among European centers of Law and Economics.
Keynote speakers are:
- Philippe Aghion (College de France, London School of Economics, and INSEAD);
- Lee Fennell (University of Chicago Law School);
- David Soskice (London School of Economics).
Two selected papers may appear in a special issue of the European Journal of Law and Economics (https://www.springer.com/journal/10657).
In addition, we are organizing a special track on “Law and Economics of non-profit organizations and non egoistic motivations”. The Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics (https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/14678292) will welcome submissions of papers presented within this track.
In the submission form you will be asked to indicate whether you are eligible for the Brenno Galli Award (Fondazione Ricerca e Sviluppo at USI). To qualify for the award, the presenter must have obtained her/his PhD not earlier than December 2018. The winner will receive Swiss francs 1,000.
Registration fees for the face-to-face conference in Trento, including SIDE membership and social dinner are:
- Student* fee (until October 30, 2021): €100, but the fee will be refunded by 50% if the student will sign up at the conference desk the FIRST DAY of the conference.
- Student* fee (after October 30, 2021): €100.
* Students include doctoral student and post-docs without a tenure or tenure-track position.
- Regular fee (until October 30, 2021): €180.
- Regular fee (after October 30, 2021): €220.
Summary of important dates:
- Paper submission deadline: September 30, 2021 Please login to the members’ area to submit a presentation
- Communication of acceptance: October 10, 2021 (expected)
- Authors’ registration deadline: October 30, 2021
- Conference dates: December 15-17, 2021.
Local organizers: Giuseppe Bellantuono and Massimiliano Vatiero